Family Life Services has been Washtenaw County’s trusted source for women’s reproductive healthcare for over 35 years. We operate a professional medical office in Ypsilanti with staff dedicated to serving women facing unplanned pregnancies who look forward to serving you. We offer the following services free of charge in a completely non-judgmental and confidential environment:
Am I ready to parent?
Our client advocates have resources and information to guide you through this decision-making process. If you decide to parent, our programs can provide support for you throughout your pregnancy and during the early years of parenting. Make an appointment to hear more about how we can help you.
Parenting is a major commitment, whether your pregnancy was planned or not.
We can help you process questions you probably have:
– Does your partner want to have this child?
– Is your family going to be supportive?
– How will the child affect your education or job?
– What effect will the child have on your finances?
– Do you feel old enough or responsible enough to raise a child?
– Do you have a steady place to live?
Family Life Services can help answer these questions for you by providing accurate, up-to-date information about parenting, specialized parenting classes, and resources to take care of your needs. Make an appointment today to learn how we can help you.
What assistance is available to help me support a child?
• Parenting Classes
• Material Needs (maternity clothing, baby items, etc)
• Community Referrals (WIC, Medicaid, Doctors, etc)
How do I know I will be a good parent?
Many women who planned their pregnancy ask themselves this same question. You may have many concerns about being a parent, but our client advocates are here to listen to you and provide you with all of the information you need to help answer the questions you have. We will help you through this and will build you up to be the best parent you can be.